Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2011... yes not 2012

To coincide with Orthodox Easter this weekend I thought I would post some photographs of last year's Easter. Photos I didn't manage to post. I know I'm so bad. This year it's a sombre time for our branch of Orthodox given the recent death of our Pope. As a result, although we will all be celebrating Easter, certain traditions won't be practised by many, namely baking of biscuits, Easter bread and the like. These goodies are the highlight to the food served on Easter. These biscuits are traditionally only made during Easter or Christmas. Shortly, I will be posting recipes to a few of them. They are amazing and are all very special. 

Biscuits by my mother and my mother-in-law and Easter bread by my mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...