Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Older Woman

For years now, I've been fascinated. Fascinated by an older woman. An older woman that attends my church. She tends to sit a few rows ahead of me. Forgive me God but during the mass I do watch, observe and admire. She is a petite old lady, short, light coloured skin and very short dark hair. She is probably in her mid 70's. She wears beautiful beige coats, pussy bow blouses, brooches, the colours navy, khaki, beige and dark green, round toe look-alike ferragamos, blazers with interesting buttons, snakeskin doctors frames bags, pleated woollen skirts. The list goes on. 

I've always had this urge to approach and compliment her on her impeccable style. Instead I just smile at her, thinking "hey little old lady do you want me to draft your will. Don't worry you don't need to pay me, just give me your wardrobe." I wonder if her grandchildren would mind.   

Recently, on a few street style blogs I've seen some photographs of older woman. One can always get inspiration from a person of any age. Street style bloggers tend to focus on older men, older Italian men but here's to the older woman. Show us more.

The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

Image via Google Images

The Sartorialist


The one and only Coco Chanel via Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...