Monday, November 28, 2011

Chorizo Salad with Chickpeas and Tomato

The past few weeks I've been mighty proud. I can count the amount of times I've bought my lunch during the week. I've been making sure I bring left overs from the night before for lunch or making a salad at work. Summer is just a great time for a salad. Unfortunately last week the weather has been been pretty crappy. This salad is a bit of a winter salad. It's not the sort of salad I would have at work. I need my chorizo freshly cooked, nice and hot. I must say I love this salad. Best of all it's a substantial salad. 
. .

Recipe from Stone Soup 
. 
Serves 2
 .
Ingredients
. .
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 chorizo (approximately 200g), sliced
1 can chickpeas (400g), drained
2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 punnet cherry tomatoes (heirloom tomatoes would be even better)
Handful of flat leaf parsley (didn’t have much at the time to add)
 .
Method
 .
1. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a fry pan and preheat on high. Add the chorizo and stir-fry until slightly brown or cooked as you like.
 .
3. Add the chickpeas, paprika and stir through for a couple of minutes. Remove off the heat. 
 .
4. Place ingredients into a bowl. Taste, season, and stir through tomato and parsley.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautifully simple! I must admit I'm there wherever chorizo is :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a delish salad to me - anything with chorizo has to be good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...