Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate and Apple Cake

Few weeks ago it was my husband's birthday. I rarely bake cakes. I have an obsession with desserts in glasses, not very keen on baking cakes. You can probably tell if you go through all the dessert recipes I've shared on this blog. So I thought it's a birthday, time to bake a cake and so I did. 
.
This cake is delicious, not too sweet and moist. The texture is lovely. Lastly, it does not take long at all to make. Bonus!
.
.
Recipe from Not Quite Nigella
.
Ingredients
4 eggs, separated
115g castor sugar
115g plain chocolate, melted
1 medium sized apple, peeled, cored and grated
125g almond meal
.
Method
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
.
2. Add sugar to egg yolks and beat until pale and creamy. Mix in melted chocolate, almond meal and grated apple.
.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into apple and chocolate mixture.
.
4. Pour the mixture into tin and bake for 45 mins.
.
5. Once cooked, dust with icing sugar and serve with cream, fresh strawberries and cherries.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you liked it! Happy Birthday to your hubby! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Loved it. Looking forward to making it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...