Friday, March 18, 2011

Glazed Fig & Pear with Honey & Cream

Figs, oh how I'm a big fan of them. On my last visit to my parent's place my mother gave me some figs from her garden. I've had them sitting in the fridge for nearly a week now and I've been wondering how to make best use of these lovely creatures. They are said to have the highest plant sources of calcium and fibre. My mother makes a lovely fig jam. May make that soon with winter approaching. 


I also had some pears in my fridge and a small amount of cream. Thought it was a good opportunity to make use of all of these.


Ingredients


Makes 2
4-6 figs halved
2 pears sliced 
1/2 cup of thickened cream
2 tablespoons of honey
2 teaspoons of icing sugar


Method
1. On a non-stick pan add a small amount of oil, about 1 teaspoon. 
2. Pan fry the figs and pears on both sides to glaze them. They should have a nice golden tinge. 
3. Add the icing sugar to the cream. Slightly whip the cream.
4. Plate up the fruit, drizzle honey and follow with the cream.


Note: Please excuse the bad photography. I'm in the process of purchasing an SLR and enrolling into a food photography course. Good times ahead. It's been the number one reason why I've put off this blog for years! Finally I'm going to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...