Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Silk Scarf

I read an interesting article recently about the history of silk scarves. The article tells me that Audrey Hepburn once said that "When I wear a silk scarf I never feel so definitely like a woman, a beautiful woman." 
.
Silk scarves have been around for centuries. I like to wear one to add a bit of colour or interest to the office wardrobe. Don't think it necessarily makes me feel like a beautiful woman, but it definitely makes me feel like a woman. One shall hope!

One of the most recognised and popular silk scarves is of course the legendary Hermes silk scarf. During the Christmas season Hermes boutiques in Paris sell one every 20 seconds. What's interesting about them is that they actually have a scent. 

Screening procedure to make the Hermes silk scarf images 
Some other scarves I'm lusting about...

Sonia Rykiel via Joan Shepp
Alexander McQueen via Netaporter
Alexander McQueen via Harvey Nicholls
Gucci via Netaporter
Now for some inspiration...

Hermes Twill via The Sartorialist 

3 comments:

  1. I was cruising silk scarves on bluefly.com the other night.... still not sure I could pull one off as everyday wear...

    I love the blue striped/skull AMCQ one though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love silk scarves.. my favourite is still Hermes.. but I am dribbling all over these Chanel's
    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. BU- Only know if you try! Go for it.

    Lee- I love that Chanel one. The floral on the black looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...