Monday, February 20, 2012

Honey Sesame Chicken with Peach and Cucumber Salad

I think I have probably harped on about my love of adding fruit to savoury dishes. If I haven't well now is my chance to. I love it. Adds a different dimension to a savoury dish. You can also see my love for it here and here

With summer ending it's the perfect time to make use of stoned fruit before they disappear. I absolutely adore this recipe. I've made it twice within a month. Such refreshing and tasty flavours.
.

Adapted Recipe from BBC Good Food Healthy Recipes (iPhone app)
.
Ingredients 
.
Chicken
2 tablespoon sunflower oil
4 chicken breasts (skin on or off, mine were off)
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon sesame seeds
.
Salad
1 small cucumber, peeled and deseeded (I was rather lazy and didn't bother peeling or deseeding)
1 red chilli, chopped (with or without seeds)
Zest and juice of 1 large lime
2 ripe peaches
1 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 handfuls lettuce, washed and dried

.
Method
.
1. Turn oven on and heat to 180 degrees. Season the chicken breasts with some salt. In a large fry pan heat the oil over a medium heat. Cook the chicken until nearly cooked. If you have left the skin on then cook until the skin is brown and crisp. 
.
2. Add the chicken to a baking tray. Coat both sides of the breast with honey and then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roast the chicken for 10-12 minutes until cooked. 
.
3. In order to make the salad, slice or dice the cucumber (better to slice). Add the chilli lime zest to the cucumber. Pour boiling water over the peaches. Then rinse quickly with cold water under the tap. Peel the peaches then slice them. I didn't bother peeling them. Add the peaces to the cucumber and chilli.
.
4. Mix the honey, oil and lime juice together. Toss with the lettuce and cucumber salad. Serve salad with chicken. 

6 comments:

  1. What delicious low carb goodness! :) And how great is the fruit that is around now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, and it looks easy enough for me to attempt :) Thanks for sharing!

    I'm running a giveaway over at my blog and would love you to enter: Jewellery Pack Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great, i do like fruit in salad but still tend not to think and actually do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...